You want a career in audio? How’s your back?” has become, “How are your Ethernet networking skills?” That’s because these days, more and more audio devices rely on Ethernet-based IP networking for communication.
With more and more audio devices communicating through Ethernet-based IP networks, IT skills have eclipsed a strong back as the primary requirement for a career in audio.
Ethernet Networking Basics for Audio Professionals
Gino Sigismondi and Sam Drazin from Shure will cover these key topics:
- Simple networked device monitoring and control
- Routing multiple channels of digital audio over a network
- Different types of network hardware
- DHCP vs static IP addressing
- Basic troubleshooting
- Tips for communicating with the IT department to resolve audio issues